"Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people."
- Eleanor Roosevelt
The Adena Center offers Certification in Sustainability through a variety of learning opportunities.
Stories and Resources for transitions to sustainability.
Sustainable Business and Community Networks Download the Brochure and take a look at the ongoing projects of this growing network of networks, including the semi-annual Green and Local Business Conference.
Sustainability Living and Learning Series
- - Earth Week 2009: Chicago Green Festival - Midwest Green Business & Media Networking
- -Sustainable Neighborhoods Organizing Workshop November 16, 2 PM 2008 @ Brickhouse, 1101 S. 2nd Street, Louisville. KY 40208 WHAT IS SUSTAINABILITY AND HOW DO WE GET THERE? NEIGHBORHOOD SUSTAINABILITY WITH PROCESS IN MIND. The Brick House community center, in conjunction with the Adena Institute and other community partners and organizations, is hosting a workshop on neighborhood sustainability and urban ecovillage organizing. Click here to Learn More
- -Worldview Creation Spirituality Class Beginning Wednesday September 17, 2008, Sustainable Clifton and partner community organizations will offer a free five week course exploring the Creation Spirituality tradition and its fourfold path.
- Learning and Sharing Scholarship Opportunity: Powers of the Universe Study Group This class is being offered right here in Clifton (Clifton Neighborhood, Louisville, Ky, USA). It's a great opportunity to expand our awareness and knowledge of the Gaia Education, Worldview Dimension of the Certification Program in Community Sustainability. August - October, 2008
- Straw Bale Building Workshop (finishing) May 17-18
- Planting for Hotter Times: Planting in Anticipation Thursday, May 15 6:30 pm
World Fair Trade Day, Saturday May 10: Artisan Visit@ Just Creations and
- Earth Week Louisville - Second Annual Green and Local Business Mini-Conference, 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday, April 21, 2008 featuring business breakfast with Judy Wicks, followed by workshops and networking showcasing local businesses and resources. Clifton Center, 2117 Payne St., Louisville KY. RSVP: 502 410 2786 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org://www.sustainablebusinessnetworks.blogspot.com/
- Earth Week Louisville - Going Green and Local with Judy Wicks, 7 p.m. Sunday, April 20, 2008, community business pioneer and co-founder of the Business Alliance for Local living Economies. Clifton Center, 2117 Payne St., Louisville KY .http://www.louisvilleearthday.blogspot.com/
- Straw Bale Home Workshop with Green Go Construction. Louisville, KY: Four Sessions. March 29-30, April 5-6, April 12-13, April 19-20. For anyone interested in hands-on learning about Green Housing options.(Scholarships Available!)
- Green Alternatives for Louisville: 12 - 2 p.m. Thursday, March 27, Louisville, KY: A Lunch and Learn event with Matt Martin, of Alternative Green Builders (http://www.enpoweredhome.com/), on Straw Bale Construction and local Green Policy initiatives. http://www.sustainabilityeducation.blogspot.com/
- Greening Our Neighborhoods and Businesses, Thursday, Feb. 28, 2008, 12-2 pm: A Lunch and Learn event with Joan Pauly of the LEED Neighborhood Design national committee and John Baker, Clifton Community Council and members of Sustainable Clifton.
- - Jan 24, 2008 12-21 pm, Beyond Recycling: Community Ecologies & Sustainable Business,: A Lunch and Learn event with Jim Shields of Commonwealth Computer Recycling (recyclelouisville.com), Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center & Sustainable Business Networks members and others
- - Jan 16 – 18, 2008, Solar Photovoltaic Workshops, KY Solar Partnership, University of Louisville’s Shelby Campus. ( Downloadable Brochure )
- - January 12, 2008, Greening Your Home Saturday, 12 PM to 4 PM Rainbow Blossom 3708 Shelbyville Rd., Louisville, KY 40207
- - December 20, 2007 Eating Green & Local for the Holidays Lunch & Learn: Chef Tim Tucker & Native Plants consultant Whit Forrester
- -December 7, 2007, "Building It Green" with Architect Mark Isaacs
- -September 10, 2007, Living and Learning for Sustainability with Gregg Orifici of Living Routes
- -April 24, 2007, Going Green and Local: Louisville Green Business Mini-Conference, and other Earth Week, 2007 events.